Saturday, February 18, 2012

Winter Rages On!

It snowed on Thanksgiving, the weather was milder, but nonetheless cold on Christmas and New Year's.  Then it snowed again on Valentine's Day.  It was -12 degrees Celsius here the other day, which is in the teens in Fahrenheit.  In America, it isn't that big of a deal because we have adequate heating.  Here on the other hand, it hurts...down to the bone.  I didn't know what cold was until I spent weeks on end in an uninsulated house without heat in below freezing temperatures!  My one consolation is, it really is beautiful!
Love My Counterpart
Us in Front of School


View from the secretary's room- it's snowed a few feet since this picture

This is the tap at my house that constantly runs which has frozen into a solid mass.

My family's maghazia on the right and my house on the left.

View down my street.

 These are some of the largest icicles I have ever seen! They are like this everywhere around!


 This is my host mom shoveling snow off of her plants into our swimming pool. :)

The workshop/ garage area.  The white glare is a pile of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment