Sunday, May 29, 2011

Awesome Dviri Cluster


This is myself, Collin, Goodloe, and Claire, the other members in my group at Ottoman ruins on a hill in our village. Overall I think we have a pretty nice time together and we have a good balance of Southern versus everyone else in the country, since Goodloe is also a wonderful Southener. :)

We have a paved road running through the center of our village with some lights on it and at some parts in the village there are dirt roads that still have lights on them. I live on a rocky dirt road up a hill with absolutely no lights. One of our host fathers lovingly refers to the paved road as New York, the lighted unpaved as Chicago, and the regular dirt road as Nicaragua. Which road one is walking is irrelevant in my opinion, as I have already become an expert in dodging presents from the farm animals that roam freely scattered about all of the roads. The only difficulty I find with the unpaved is it makes wallowing pigs more difficult to spot and on more than one occasion I have almost stepped on one.

Oh and notice in the picture the openness behind us. Literally if anyone of us leaned back a foot we would have dropped off and become scrambled eggs shortly after that. Hiking up there was another interesting journey up a pretty sizable hill. I did enjoy it a great deal, although coming down one of the locals accompanying us asked if I was a city girl essentially because I tripped more than once. Little did he know I trip on solid ground like it's my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment